Voluminous breasts are usually something we find attractive in women – or not, to each their own. The point being is that men don’t really enjoy having breasts. Especially when it’s the result of being overweight or having a hormonal imbalance. So, how does one lose breast fat?
Lose Breast Fat and the Rest of your Fat
A fatty chest will tend to create distorted pectorals (visually speaking). Aesthetically, this is far cry from the generic chest that is portrayed in the medias, usually flat with a bit of muscular volume.
In order to lose breast fat, there is no magical pill. It all starts by losing weight. Fat deposits are all over our bodies and there is no way to lose them locally. However, you can accelerate the process and improve the strength and physical appearance of your pecs!
Where do we start then? With…
Diet to Lose Breast Fat
To start weight loss, you will need to reevaluate your diet and lifestyle. Most importantly, you’ll have to be honest with yourself while doing so! Weight loss will be the result of a diet change and exercise will help you maintain and improve your shape.
Get Our Free Report 10 Foods For Very Hard Wood
Discover The Most Powerful Proven Foods And Supplements For Increased Erectile Power And Potent Testosterone
Eventually, when losing weight, you will notice that your chest area gets smaller and smaller, step by step. And that’s a good thing, you don’t want to lose weight too fast. Because, it’s simply unsustainable and unhealthy – the likelihood of gaining everything back is very high and with extra weight on top of it.
First, start be integrating the following habits into your diet:
- Reduce your food portions and avoid second servings (except for steamed/raw veggies without copious amounts of sauce).
- Stop drinking sodas, get rid of sugar and sweet products in your household (except fruits and good quality honey).
- Reduce your alcohol consumption or stop completely while dieting.
- Eat significantly less carbs and when you do, chose carbs with a low glycemic index (you can easily find that with a quick search).
- Avoid snacking between meals. If you are prone to snacking, try eating smaller meals throughout the day.
- Don’t be too restrictive. If you really want something, have a small portion and enjoy it. That’s better than binge eating later when you are too frustrated.
- Learn to listen to your appetite. When you are hungry, eat. Stop eating when you aren’t.
- Cook as often as possible. By cooking, you will have control over the foods you are eating and you will be able to lose weight, while learning new habits for the future. Newbies can find easy recipes on internet.
Exercise to Lose Breast Fat and Improve Metabolism
To maintain weight loss and accelerate it, nothing beats exercise! Exercising will develop your muscular mass and boost your metabolism. Actually, the fitter you are, the more your muscles will need energy aka calories. On the flip side, don’t overdo it too much food wise – increase your protein intake if needed and get a bit more carbs, if you are planning to have a big sporty session.
If you haven’t exercised in a while, you could start by going to the gym and trying different things. Also, bringing a friend is a great idea to keep yourself accountable and motivated.
For instance, weight lifting is an excellent way to boost your testosterone levels!
If you are looking for a slender look and to boost your weight loss, go for cardio! A cardiovascular activity like running or HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is ideal. Additionally, if you prefer collective sports, you could also try the following: football (soccer), basketball, rowing, martial arts (boxing, kung-fu, karate, jujitsu, judo, etc.), rugby, handball, tennis or anything else that takes your fancy. (1)
However, no matter what, find something you really enjoy, motivation alone isn’t enough to keep on exercising!
How to Lose Breast Fat – Conclusion
If you want to have a successful weight loss, you will have to change your habits slowly and increment new ones progressively. If you change everything rapidly, your motivation will dwindle extremely fast.
When starting on the road of weight loss, we usually get very excited – “this is it, step one towards change”. However, weight loss takes time, especially if you want to lose fat instead of muscle and water.
Rather than using all your motivation to get started, try setting weekly little goals and reach them. In addition, if a friend wants to lose weight too, motivate him and ask him to do the same.
Moreover, ditch the scale. Instead measure yourself (once every two weeks or per month). You will notice that inches around your waist and chest disappear way faster than numbers on the scale. Also, you could keep track your measurements on a chart. On top of that, I highly recommend taking pictures of yourself in underwear once a month. When your will is weakening, have a look at those pictures to realize how far you’ve come!
Important: There’s another reason for breast fat and it’s a condition called gynecomastia. This condition can cause an excessive development of breasts in men. (2)
Congratulations for this step in your health journey! Follow us to know more about health, fertility, sexuality and much more!
(1) Effects of aerobic and/or resistance training on body mass and fat mass in overweight or obese adults. Leslie H. Willis, Cris A. Slentz, Lori A. Bateman, A. Tamlyn Shields, Lucy W. Piner, Connie W. Bales, Joseph A. Houmard, and William E. Kraus. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2012.
(2) Gynecomastia: Clinical evaluation and management. Neslihan Cuhaci, Sefika Burcak Polat, Berna Evranos, Reyhan Ersoy, and Bekir Cakir. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2014.