Having Erections After 75 : A Practical Guide
Hormonal changes are usually more noticeable after 50. However, the media very rarely talks about men who are seventy and beyond. A healthy sexual life is still accessible and if you struggle having erections after 75, know that there are solutions.
It’s a fact that testosterone levels have reduced and as a result, erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common occurrence. Nevertheless, you can still boost your testosterone levels and improve other factors that will help you get better erections.
Let’s get started!
Having Erections After 75 : Factors & Solutions
Being Overweight or Obese
Nowadays, we know the grim reality that surrounds excess weight and obesity. Being overweight will reduce testosterone levels and dramatically increase the risk of disease (cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.). Additionally, being overweight or obese will also increase the risk of ED. (1)
There’s one terrifying statistic about that: obese men are twice as likely to have an erectile dysfunction!
Therefore, if your body fat is too generous, you might want to take measures to reduce it. There’s no age to lose weight and while it may be a bit more difficult to change habits, it’s still doable. If needed, consult a dietitian for additional help. Otherwise, you can also check on internet, you will find many resources that can help you lose weight successfully.
Also, exercise is a tool that will help you maintain weight loss and keep your body active. If you haven’t done much lately, go for a low impact sport like swimming or hiking (with good boots).
Remember this: by loosing weight, you will improve your testosterone levels, your libido and erections!
You probably are retired by now and that entails a very different lifestyle. If you struggle with it, it’s understandable. You haven’t been in a working environment for a while, you may not participate to social activities that were once linked to your job. In addition, your children are long gone and you may be dealing with all of this with your partner or alone.
However, life doesn’t stop. You now have more opportunities than ever. You can try things that don’t require enormous amounts of responsibility. And that means that you can try different things, new hobbies and go on wild adventures. Because being retired shouldn’t be a seclusion from active life, it should be a second chance at the things that you couldn’t have done before.
If your partner is here, boost morale by doing unexpected things! Routine is the real killer…and that is particularly true when it comes to sex!
Does having erections after 75 come to a halt because testosterone levels are dwindling?
No, it doesn’t have to! While it’s unlikely that you will recover the testosterone levels you had when you were thirty, you may have noticed positive changes…
For instance, you may have noticed that your sensuality has deepened and you can be more emotionally involved during sexy times. Use that to your advantage, your other half will enjoy it and so will you. Enjoy this new “vision” during foreplay and let yourself discover new sensations!
If you take medication, read attentively the package leaflet. It’s a well known fact that some medicines can interfere with good erections. If that’s the case, consult your doctor to find an alternative.
Also, ensure that your sleeping patterns are regular and that you get enough sleep. Good sleeping habits are essential for a healthy sexuality. (2)
Should you need more information, don’t hesitate to consult a sexologist and books dedicated to sex for the elderly.
If you have been in a relationship for a while and know your partner better than yourself, put some spice into your relationship!
Here’s a list of activities that can inspire you to be more spontaneous with your partner:
- Plan little romantic trips. For example, a nice trip to a coastal town, a pampering week-end in a spa, a nice hiking trip in the countryside or for the more adventurous, a road trip across Europe! If your budget is tight, check low-cost options (for flats and/or flights) on internet.
- Cook a 3 meal course with unusual recipes (again internet is a treasure trove)!
- Write little loving or funny notes for your other half and hide them in surprising places.
- During intercourse, focus on tenderness and sensuality. In addition, communicate and don’t be afraid of a good moment of laughter.
- To spice up your sexual life, you could add accessories, new positions or different places other than your bed. Be spontaneous!
Having Erections After 75 : Improve your Diet
There’s another aspect that will ensure an improved sexual life and it’s straightforward: a better diet. Having erections after 75 can be possible by adding to your diet testosterone boosting foods!
Here’s a list of foods that will increase your T levels:
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, bok choi and many others are brilliant vegetables that will reduce your levels of feminine hormones (estrogen). By reducing those, you will improve your T levels.
- Fatty fishes: Mackerel, sardines, salmon, tuna, anchovies and herring are rich in zinc and omega-3. A mineral and a fatty acid respectively that will improve your blood flow, your cardiovascular health and your…erections!
- Seeds and Nuts: Sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts, Brazil nuts are excellent sources of zinc, vitamin E and selenium. This trio of nutrients is a must to boost testosterone levels and ensure a good sexual health.
Additionally, when buying your food, try to get local produce and when possible, organic. Avoid transformed foods as much as possible. So, for good and long erections, make sure to eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, a bit of cheese, legumes, nuts & seeds, cereals with a low glycemic index, dark chocolate, quality wine, etc. Life is about pleasure after all!
You can also try some natural supplements to improve your libido and erections. If you take any medication, consult your doctor for possible interactions.
(1) Erectile dysfunction and central obesity: an Italian perspective. Corona G, Rastrelli G, Filippi S, Vignozzi L, Mannucci E, Maggi M1. Asian J Androl. 2014.
(2) Sleep, sex steroid hormones, sexual activities, and aging in Asian men. Goh VH, Tong TY. J Androl. 2010.